I am sure most of you have had situations in your life that left you with sad memories. Not given a voice, your pent-up emotions can continue to build up on the inside. Then one day something so big could occur that would force you to find a way to uncover what was going on inside before you crumbled. This is what happened to me.
Struggling for answers, introspection helped me to examine and release repressed feelings trapped in the “bowels of my soul,” the innermost and deepest part of my soul. This brought freedom from the bars that held me captive. And it unleashed my “Personal Greatness.” This post may help you to see some of your possibilities:
- Self-Discovery – Exposing the origin of my sadness. As I reflected over my humble beginnings, surprisingly I discovered that the source of my unidentifiable sadness came from the wounded little girl within. It started with a self-defining period in my childhood and everything bad that happened afterwards fed that wounded girl, even as an adult. I had never fully given her permission to feel and to heal.
I found painful memories and agonizing emotions, all guarded and protected in denial. Now I was being driven to dig into them and rescue the woman I was destined to become. Reliving the pain was difficult. I cried, I talked with God, my parents, my siblings, and I wrote in my journal.
- New Insight – Truths that I learned. God helped me to face sobering truths. The story of what happened in my past did not change. But what I chose to do with my story changed. I stopped dwelling on the past. I stopped being a victim. I started embracing the power of my story, sharing it with others to inspire them to live in their presence and not let their past dominate them.
There is powerful strength in the human spirit. I did not get to pick and choose my birth place, my family, my gifts or my purposes. Everything was laid out for me by divine providence.
- Letting Go – The power of forgiveness. Letting go of a piece of the past can be liberating. Un-forgiveness contaminates and imprisons the heart. Forgiveness is the key to break free. It flushes out the heart to renew its connection, opening the valves so feelings can move through your body rather than staying stuck.
What you focus on is what will grow. I relinquished an old script that had been sitting over my head like a dark cloud. I took steps to rewrite my script, which included forgiving self and others. When we perceive ourselves to be powerless, it leaves us waiting for actions from someone else, something we cannot control. Our happiness is our responsibility alone. Take charge of your life. Forgive and let go.
- Personal Greatness – I am royally dressed from within. It is interesting how God showed me my gifts. He brought me into the vividness of my imagination to claim my gifts. My eyes gazed upon a blanket of shattered pieces, sparkling stones glowing as if underneath a moonlit night. The view was breathtaking, hues of my beautiful gifts in a field of potential and possibility. Beautiful pieces of precious stones bursting out of man-made cocoons as they released their protective coverings.
I stooped down to begin the exciting process of picking up my pieces to appreciate and imagine the possibilities. Dreaming and imagining the possibilities were only the beginning. Leadership was needed to put a plan into action and learn how to use them.
- New Beginning – A chance to start over. What better way to develop and maximize your potential than by creating opportunities. Learning to lead a nonprofit was my training ground. As I spread my wings, trying new things, I flew higher and higher. Having the vision and abilities to pull people together to accomplish great things exceeded expectations.
The brightness of the new day destroyed the caterpillar syndrome that required the darkness to survive, and opened a whole new world. It was a miraculous transformation: I was never meant to be a fluttering butterfly but a soaring eagle. My consciousness less cluttered with a mistaken identity, my potential was free to fully grow and become.
- Life Beyond the Journey – Prepared for future changes. It is easy to believe in a mistaken identity. Life presents many passing experiences – thoughts, emotions, events, and people. These are all conduits for becoming, but they are not who we are destined to become. Through it all, we can learn to live, to grow and lead productive lives by holding on to our beliefs. God allowed me to be shattered but not completely broken. He was watching me, He knew me, and in my greatest tragedy He cultivated my potential, my “Personal Greatness!”
This is my last post about my personal journey of finding wings with shattered pieces. I hope that you have been inspired to find a personal path for your transformation. You too can soar!
Purchase one of my books and follow my stages – A Personal Journey Finding Wings with Shattered Pieces.